Introduction for the Use and Maintenance of Equipment for Oxygen Blowing/Lancing
WARNING: NEVER USE THE EQUIPMENT WHERE THERE IS OIL OR GREASE PRESENT INCLUDING CLOTHING.
- Join the tap post-pressure reducer, endowed of the safety valve, to the take up reel, then connect the lance holder to the hose of the take up reel.
- Check all the hoses are in good condition and conform to UNI EN 559 'flexible hoses'.
- Check the integrity of the safety valves, replace them at least every 5 years or before if they show signs of wear or damage.
- Put the lance into the end of the lance-holder without rotative movement.
- Hand tighten the locking nut.
- Open the oxygen main shut-off valve mounted before the pressure reducer.
- Adjust the pressure to the required amount.
- Warm the tip of the lance using a suitable heat source.
- Light the lance by slowly opening the lever of the lance holder until fully open.
- Once work has been completed, remove lance from molten pool, hold the lance horizontally for a few seconds with the valve fully open, to allow any slag to disperse.
- Finally close the main valve on the pressure reducer.
IN ORDER TO ENSURE SAFE AND FULLY FUNCTIONAL EQUIPMENT, ALWAYS USE GENUINE